[Prism54-users] WEP support

Basile STARYNKEVITCH basile@starynkevitch.net
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 22:19:59 +0100

Dear All,

using the latest CVS prism54 code I maanged at last to have my
SMC2835W PcCard work, without any security like WEP etc.. I actually
did ping my LinkSys WRT54G wifi router (connected to my desktop) and
could surf the Web thru my Wifi card. I'm quite happy about that.

I would like to use WEP.

I suppose that the old setoid program is no more good for setting WEP
keys. Apparently the iwconfig program should work, but I can't make it
work.

Does anyone have a script for setting WEP keys. The obvious

iwconfig eth1 key 012345566789ABCDEF 0
iwconfig eth1 key 012345566789ABCDEF 1
iwconfig eth1 key 012345566789ABCDEF 2
iwconfig eth1 key 012345566789ABCDEF 3

and finally
iwconfig eth1 key 0
to set the default key to 0
don't seem to work, even if iwconfig eth1 report using a key.

A big hurra to the prism54 coders!

Any clues about WEP on SMC2835W card?

regards.

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net