[Prism54-users] Something is going wrong isl38xx_upload_firmware.

Jose Chaso jose_chaso@yahoo.es
Sun, 02 Nov 2003 12:55:37 +0200

El dom, 02-11-2003 a las 13:32, Chris de Vries escribió:
>  >

> I keep wondering whether I coyed the firmware file in the correct location
> /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/isl3890
>
> This directory didn't previously exist and I had to create it.

Do you have hotplug installed ?
(in debian: apt-get install hotplug)

If so, do: hotplug (without args)
and see if it appears "firmware" at the agentnames  values lists
displayed
If so look at /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent

by the 23rd line there must be a line like this:
FIRMWARE_DIR=/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware
There is going to look for the isl3890 file

Did you compiled kernel 2.4 with this options enabled?:
CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL: y
    Code maturity level options  --->Prompt for development and/or
incomplete code/drivers

CONFIG_FW_LOADER: (m or y)
     Library routines  --->Hotplug firmware loading support
(EXPERIMENTAL)

If you have all this, I can not help you much further :(

Regrads and good luck
Jose Chaso