[Prism54-users] Fedora Hotplug Netgear WG511

Jens Maurer Jens.Maurer@gmx.net
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:00:18 +0100

 > From: root@localhost.localdomain

May I suggest that you fix your "From" address in your mailer?

root wrote:
> with the message : missing kernel or user mode driver prism54
> missing kernel or user mode driver prism54
> missing kernel or user mode driver prism54

> Dec 29 16:47:20 localhost net.agent[5400]: invoke ifup eth1
> Dec 29 16:47:20 localhost pci.agent[5404]: Setup prism54 for PCI slot 03:00.0
> Dec 29 16:47:20 localhost pci.agent[5404]: missing kernel or user mode driver prism54

My pci.agent hotplug script gives this message as well when the prism54.o module
is already loaded, for example because the WLAN card was inserted and removed
before (which caused loading the driver).  Just have a look at the /etc/hotplug/pci.agent
script, and see where it is produced.  The message is seriously misleading, I think,
but harmless.

> I can scan the AP :

> but not connect to the ap :

That has nothing to do with the message above.  Have you tried
setting the ESSID of the AP ("NETGEAR") to your WLAN card,
e.g. iwconfig eth1 essid NETGEAR (AFTER the "ifup")?

Jens Maurer