[Prism54-users] Practical experience managing multiple "profiles" with Prism54 driver

Tim Dijkstra newsuser@famdijkstra.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:00:13 +0100

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 01:43:47 +0100
"Stefan U. Hegner (Mobil)" <mobil@hegner-online.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> got a question more related to practical usage of Prism54 equipment:
>
> On my Mandrake System the parameters for the network connection are in
> a"RH-style" ifup config in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX
> (for me X=1).
>
> OK. That works fine.
>
> However, has anyone thought of some way how to handle multiple
> wireless environments conveniently?
>
> The only idea I have so far, is make a script that copies one of
> various source-configs into just that location.
>
> Or is there possibly already a mechanism for things like that in
> place, I simply do not know of yet?

I use debian, and there do exist packages that do what you're asking
for. I'm using something named ifupdown-roam, but it's really debian
specific. I remember some other ones I haven't really tried are
mentioned in its README
http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/ifupdown-roam-README.txt

hope that helps,

grts Tim