[Prism54-users] Practical experience managing multiple "profiles" with Prism54 driver

Nicolai Langfeldt janl@linpro.no
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:36:40 +0100

Stefan U. Hegner (Mobil) wrote:
> Hi Nicolai,
>
> Am Mon, den 22.12.2003 schrieb Nicolai Langfeldt um 07:14:
>
>>Stefan U. Hegner (Mobil) wrote:
>>
>>>However, has anyone thought of some way how to handle multiple wireless
>>>environments conveniently?
>>
>>Look at cardctl "scheme".
>

> I'm getting pretty confused again.

It may turn out that I'm the most confused ;-)

> I learned some 3 weeks ago, that the Prism54 has nothing to do with
> pcmcia cardservices, since it rather is a pci hotplug device ... That's
> why the config has nothing to do with the cardservices wires.opts etc.

Prism54 can sit on both PCI, mini PCI and PC-cards.  PC-cards, at least
in the laptops I have, are still in part served by pcmcia-utils and
cardctl.  PCI and mini PCI on the other hand us not handled by that at all.

I should also add that I only have Prism54 pci cards.

Nicolai