[Prism54-users] Debian install

Tim Dijkstra newsuser@famdijkstra.org
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:10:25 +0100

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:59:17 +0000
James Hosken <james@jamesho.co.uk> wrote:

> I've run
>
> make-kpkg --config=menuconfig -revision=2.6.0 kernel_image
> modules_image kernel_headers
>

> But the menu, can I just leave it as default or are there stuff that I
> have to change?

If you patched the kernel-source with the prism54 patch you should
follow the instructions in the README and make sure the various modules
are selected. See 'Kernel requirements' and 'compilation' in the README.
The line above is only to compile the kernel and to put it in a nice
package. Note that you configuration will be saved in
/PATH/TO/SOURCE/.config so if you have applied a new patch you don't
have to configure again, you can leave out the --config=menuconfig part

> I really not sure what I'm doing here, not compiled a kernel before.

It's not difficult, just readme the manuals ;) See for example
/usr/share/doc/kernel-package/*

grts Tim