[Prism54-users] Mode tests

Claas Hilbrecht claas+maillinglists.prism54-users@jucs-kramkiste.de
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:54:02 +0100

--Am Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2003 01:40 -0500 "Luis R. Rodriguez"
<mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu> schrieb:

> Ajfa commited a good fix for mode changes. I just commited some other
> stuff too. AP is working now. Please thoroughly test it and all other
> modes.

Yes, the patch is great. It works in AP, Managed and Ad-Hoc mode for me
using a SMC2802W card.

One problem I found so far is this one:

fli4l 2.1.4cvs20031214 # iwconfig eth4 rate 54M
Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
    SET failed on device eth4 ; Operation not supported.

Any other rates fail too. Regardless of Master or Managed mode, I didn't
try Ad-Hoc mode.

One question. Is there a way to find out which ethX devices is handled by
the prism54 driver? The hostap driver lists all devices in
/proc/net/hostap/*. Is there anything similar for the prism54 driver?

And something for the wishlist. An iwpriv ethX delMacAll would be nice to
flush the MAC list at all.

---
 Claas Hilbrecht
 http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de