[Prism54-users] Re: [OFF-TOPIC] The SPAM

Rob Gipman gipmanr@mtn.co.ug
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:14:32 +0300

--------------060408040701030403070404

Bradley,

Correct.. wasn't clear myself.

Bradley Chapman wrote:

>Mr. Rodriguez,
>
>--- "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Rob Gipman wrote:
>>

>>>I see that the Wireless-Tools version 27 is the newest still, not
>>>supporting the 802.11G yet are ppl working on that so kwifimanager can
>>>read acurate within it's screen size?
>>>

>>hmm? 802.11G is a device thing, the Wireless-Tools just are there to
>>define an API for wireless application for wirelses drivers.
>>

>I think he's referring to the fact that when he links to an AP using an 802.11g
>card with the prism54 driver, the Wireless Tools API reports strange values
>for signal strength and noise (like a high negative value, for example).
>

>>I don't follow,
>>	Luis
>>

>Brad
>

>=====

--------------060408040701030403070404

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Bradley,<br>
Correct.. wasn't clear myself.<br>
Bradley Chapman wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20031216221815.41099.qmail@web40901.mail.yahoo.com">
  <pre wrap="">Mr. Rodriguez,

--- "Luis R. Rodriguez" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu">&lt;mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Rob Gipman wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I see that the Wireless-Tools version 27 is the newest still, not
supporting the 802.11G yet are ppl working on that so kwifimanager can
read acurate within it's screen size?
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">hmm? 802.11G is a device thing, the Wireless-Tools just are there to
define an API for wireless application for wirelses drivers.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I think he's referring to the fact that when he links to an AP using an 802.11g
card with the prism54 driver, the Wireless Tools API reports strange values
for signal strength and noise (like a high negative value, for example).

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I don't follow,
	Luis
    </pre>