[Prism54-users] Linux kernel 2.4.23 release and prism54

Rob Gipman gipmanr@mtn.co.ug
Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:50:36 +0300

Pll,

I found that there is a new stable kenel release out there after the
2.3.22 so i got that one hoping that the prism54 was in the but allas not.

So i got a patch snapshot from the prism54 site and i get the modules
compiled fine.

Problem is that the prism54.o does not load because the firmware is not
loaded.

The hotplug shows me that the firmware is avail so whats wrong.

This used to work with a 2.4.22 patched kernel.

Any idea on this anyone ?

Currently i'm compiling both 2.4.23 patched and 2.4.22 patched kernel to
see if i can reproduce the problem.

Rob