[Prism54-users] Debian install

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:54:25 -0500 (EST)

apt-get install hotplug
dpkg -L hotplug | grep firmware

see if you find firmware.agent if not you need to use the unstable hotplug
package. You can possibly also just add the file if you don't have it:

http://prism54.org/~hvr/firmware.agent

You don't really need to use debian's make-kpkg to make the kernel.
But if you insist onto doing it, IIRC it's something like:

apt-get install build-essential libncurses-dev tx8.3-dev
cd /path/kernel-source/
make-kpkg clean
make-kpkg --config=menuconfig ----append_to_version=prism54 kernel_image
cd ..