[Prism54-devel] New FreeMAC snapshot

Denis Vlasenko vda at ilport.com.ua
Mon Sep 26 08:42:27 UTC 2005

Hi Sebastien.

On Sunday 25 September 2005 00:08, Sebastien wrote:
> Hello,
> I've put online a new FreeMAC source code and a binary at
> http://jbnote.free.fr/islsm/doku.php?id=re:freemac
>
> The UARTPCI is now 100%-compatible with Conexant's design (with magic number).
> So it should work neatly with Jean Baptiste's driver.
>
> I also added some little definitions to isl38xx_hardware.h, and a BRA with the
> firmware type set to "FMAC" so that the driver can recognize it (already done
> in p54u)

I am in the process of making it work with JB's driver on Linux.
No apparent problems yet, I was just a bit busy here.

I made a patch which allows for freemac compilation without
any support from C library. I simply added all required
C functions to libc.c.

Division/modulo asm routines are in disi.s.
Name is from "di" - 64bit ones and "si" -32bit ones).
If you don't like it, feel free to rename (libc_asm.s?).
I wasn't able to find comprehensible source of these
routines in newlib (too convoluted with macros) and thus
I obtained them just by disassembling a test program
with one division and one modulo.

I disabled long long handling in vsnprintf and 64bit
routines in disi.s. It adds quite a bit of code
(which is going to be a dead code anyway, we won't
ever use 64bit ints in freemac I guess).

I think vsnprintf can be moved into libc.c.

Please comment and/or apply.
--
vda