[Prism54-devel] Re: Ultra stripped down driver at http://195.66.192.167/linux/isl/isl-20051005.tar.bz2

Sebastien sebastien.bourdeauducq at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:50:32 UTC 2005

> I can give you directions for the i2c bus workings (but there's only
> the eeprom there), for instance, if you wish. I've been keeping this
> under the hood for more that two months, with no time to write the
> implementation...

I can do this - I've already played a bit with I2C EEPROMs.

If I can get DMA TX to work, we could have a network interface with the
correct MAC address when starting FreeMAC. A good start :)

> I think it should be a separate cmd (dmav - "DMA a value"?).

Okay, implement as you want. Anyway, this is pretty trivial and I rather
think of the command line interface as a way to exemplify and try the
functions in isl38xx_firmware.c as well as helping the reverse
engineering of the chip - we'll clean it up in final releases.