[Prism54-devel] New FreeMAC snapshot

Sebastien sebastien.bourdeauducq at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 16:08:54 UTC 2005

> > By the way, it's no use to add "#ifdef UNUSED" around functions
> > that are never called : the compiler automatically strips them off
> > the resulting binary, AFAIK.
>
> You overestimate cleverness of ld.

Even Turbo Pascal 7 for DOS does this automatically... ld sucks a bit.

However, after some searches on the web, I found a hack to strip dead
code with GNU ld. I have committed the modified version. Can you check
it still works with your PCI card, since I had to modify the linker
script ?

BTW, has anyone managed to get -mcpu=arm946e (as we should use) to work
with GNU toolchain ? Mine complains about an unsupported -mcpu flag,
although it should be supported according to the documentation.