[Prism54-devel] [patch 0/6] [prism54 svn trunk] various fixes for prism54 svn

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 18 22:55:35 UTC 2005

Hello Bob,

Let's go further along the debugging !

> Perhaps my device was in too funky a state from the previous
>  failure that the simple 'modprobe -r prism54' was not enough
>  to get back to a known good state for loading in the next version.
> I'll try it again after a clean reboot.

Can you do in islpci_mgt.h ,

#define VERBOSE                                 0x01 | SHOW_QUEUE_INDEXES

It'll fill the logs rather rapidly, but if you can trigger the problem
fast, it should be okay.

What interests me is the very beginning of the logs, and around the time
when the problem occurs. Aim is to know if the mgmt timeout appears
because of a real problem in the mgmt queue device-wise, or (more
likely) because we somehow screw up the mgmt queue in the driver. For
instance, we may miss a mgmt frame...

Thanks for your patience !

JB

--