[Prism54-devel] [patch 0/6] [prism54 svn trunk] various fixes for prism54 svn

Bob Beers bob.beers at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:49:22 UTC 2005

> > 1/ There's a fixme : you should check and BUG_ON() the mgmt rx frame not
> > being 32-bits aligned. I know this will cause problem, only hoping it
> > won't happen. But it may. patch is to add
> >
> > skb_reserve(newskb, (4 - (long) newskb->data) & 0x03);
> > at line 133 in islpci_mgt.c, and do the above alloc with MGMT_SIZE + 3
> > instead of + 2.
> >

> Ok, I can try that.

Well, I thought I could, but I am unfamiliar with all this skb stuff:
 There is no newskb in the function, so it won't compile.  Do I add
 a newskb to the function, or is it really buf->skb?  Also, I am
 unfamilar with the BUG_ON().  What specifically would I add to
 implement your suggestion?

> > 2/ apply patch sent on list about DMA
> >

> Ok, i can try this, too.

Do you mean the patch(es) from the thread "Txmit path improvement"?
 I applied those and I get this error on loading the driver:

Loaded prism54 driver, version 1.2
PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:10.0 (0000 -> 0002)
prism54: PCI device memory region not configured; fix your BIOS or
CardBus bridge/drivers
prism54: probe of 0000:00:10.0 failed with error -5

--
Bob