[Prism54-devel] TX path improvement

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 17 21:14:34 UTC 2005

Dear list,

The following patch tries to put some order in the tx path.
There *may* be improvements on the tx path. Could people reporting many
"tx timeout" problems try this ?

I'm also wondering : in the same way as the device can signal to us that
it has offset the data frame in the buffer we presented to it, wouldn't
there be a way to tell the device that the data we present it is offset
in the dma buffer we share with it ? -- this is possible on softmac
devices, and allows copyless TX.

Alternatively, maybe there's a way to inform the upper layers which
alignement we'd like ? I know for instance that it is possible to
request a minimum headroom (which will be usefull for WDS).

-- the aim would be to swith the flag on
   if   (((long) skb->data & 0x03))

from likely, which is worst-case performance-wise, to likely...

JB