[Prism54-devel] [patch 0/6] [prism54 svn trunk] various fixes for prism54 svn

Bruno Randolf bruno.randolf at 4g-systems.biz
Tue May 17 18:34:01 UTC 2005

hi jean-baptiste!

i guess i'm not a good representative for "real" embedded systems. the one i
work with (http://meshcube.org) has a 400MHz CPU / 64MB RAM and thus is quite
powerful compared to other embedded systems.

but speaking of it, i just tested the performance of current svn + your
patches: at 26-27Mbps, ksoftirqd_CPU0 uses 3 to 5 percent of the CPU. so i'd
say performance is not really an issue, especially with hardmac cards.

actually, while i am by no means an expert on that area, i don't really see
the sense of scheduling a tasklet from within a tasklet.

but i hope that your patches make it into svn soon, since they make prism54
useabe for me. thanks again :)

greetings,
bruno