[Prism54-devel] Prism-USB in ad-hoc and master mode

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 13 13:35:08 UTC 2005

Hi Jan,

> Tracking this crash down, I found out that it's enough to start up the
> WUSB54G in ad-hoc mode and leave it alone for a while. I got this ASSERT
> of the madwifi stack:

> It looks like ieee80211_node_leave() gets called in ad-mode while this
> function only likes to be used on AP mode...

This is a bug in madwifi as far as i can tell, the stack sets everything
up in IBSS mode so that this function is called in case a node
timesout. I guess it has been corrected, so you can try the standard
version of wlan.ko from the current madwifi driver, it will work out of
the box. I'll update the version on my site later on.

Cheers,
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Note