[Prism54-devel] [USB] missing include / ad-hoc effects / tla update

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 21 21:56:43 UTC 2005

Hello Jan,

Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka at web.de> said :
> Hi,
>
> I started to play a bit with JB's prism54u driver. My target scenario is
> ad-hoc (actually, master mode one day), but this doesn't work yet. But
> one after the other.

Thanks for looking into this ! You seem a better coder than I am. All
suggestions for coding style / architecture / etc... are welcome. I
really am a beginner as far as serious programming is concerned.

(just a quick note, the state of the current driver in case of a hot hotplug
is sad. I know this, i'll try to sort it out)

> First, I had to patch p54u_protocol.h slightly in order to compile the
> driver against a debian 2.6.8.1 kernel. See the patch below.

Applied

> Then I tried to run latest version (patch-87). A mode switch with
> iwconfig always gave me
>
> Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
>      SET failed on device eth2 ; Network dropped connection on reset.

And i don't understand why...

> And after some seconds in ad-hoc mode, I got a crash in wlan.ko: eip is
> at ieee80211_node_leave+0x22, back trace is ieee80211_watchdog ->
> ieee80211_timeout_nodes -> ..._node_leave. I could try grabbing the full
> info via serial console, let me know.
>

> Ah, and a slight off-topic question regarding tla: How do I update the
> archive without retrieving the full stack batch everytime? "tla update"
> just tells me that everything is already up-to-date. At least, I already
> learned how to diff with tla...

Actually, there are 3 different tla archives involved : one is the
toplevel directory, the others are located in src/prism54u and
src/madwifi

But I guess if you're starting to send out patches, i'll put everything
on svn as soon as the hotplug issues are sorted out, even before
targetting PCI, in order to make life easier for everybody (well
actually if anyones want to do this _now_, let it be !).

JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Note
+33 (0)6 83 03 42 38