[Prism54-devel] Re: Problems with a PCI SMC2802W

Francois Romieu romieu at fr.zoreil.com
Wed Mar 16 18:33:47 UTC 2005

Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu> :
[...]
> If no comment is given on how we should deal with
> pci_dma_sync_single/pci_dma_sync_single_for_cpu for 2.4 I'm just going
> to put in a nasty ifdef there. Comemnts?

My out of tree 2.4.x driver for the 8169 exhibits a few differences
with the 2.6.x driver for these kind of things. Over several months,
it happened once that a 2.6.x patch hit this part of the code. Let's
say an extra 5 minutes to merge in 2.4.x and no side effects as I had
to actually look at the code (of course orthogonal patches helped).

Imho it is not a heavy maintenance/taste issue.

--
Ueimor