[Prism54-devel] Problems with 2.6.11.x

Michael Monreal infernux at web.de
Tue Mar 15 11:33:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

I found this list while searching for information on the prism54 driver.

After a kernel upgrade to 2.6.11 (and the releases after that, just tried 2.6.11.3) I have problems with my wlan/internet connection. Basicly, the module loads and the connection works, but it seems to be very "weak" and unreliable: everything is really slow, some web pages never load (e.g. gmail.com), others load partially and then timeout, my multi messanger can only connect to two networks. Checking signal strength, it goes up and down and is generally much lower (normally it is constant at nearly 100%).

My kernel is self-compiled, using the same config as I did with 2.6.10 (which works fine). Nothing else changed in the system and when booting the 2.6.10 kernel it still works like a charm (tried this a few times)

Any idea what can be wrong?

Also, I tried to compile the module from your svn repo but this fails (see attachment)

Hope someone can help, I'm running FC3 and my card is a SMC2802W (v1)

  Michi