[Prism54-devel] ieee80211_input() problems

Sebastien B sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Sat Mar 12 13:46:33 UTC 2005

I finally managed to fix them :)
There was a problem with the first parameter of the function, which should be
a pointer to an ieee80211com structure, although manual pages and include
files say that it should be "struct ifnet *".
So I cast the "struct ieee80211com *" to "struct ifnet *" and it works. This
seems very dirty. Why is the net80211 API so illogical here ?
Network scanning from userland now works, I must only implement data sends and
SoftMAC USB should be usable under FreeBSD at last :) Hopefully, just a
matter of days/weeks :)

Regards,
Sebastien