[Prism54-devel] XH8196 driver

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 9 21:18:49 UTC 2005

Hello, dear list

I've managed to snoop part of the data sent by the driver to the card
and vice-versa. The driver crashes somewhere along the way, and i can't
find where on earth to snoop the data queue, but ...

Guess what ? -- the protocol's the same. See following logs.

So we're in a state where we have

1/ non-redistributable code for PCI initialization of the softmac pci
cards in the XH8196 driver. This will allow us to evaluate whether or
not, the basic mechanisms are the same (fragments, tx queues). I think
they are the same, but i didn't even peek at the main prism54 code.

Anyways, we can re-implement what's in clear in XH8196 and/or reuse code
from the prism54 branch in order to complete this part.

2/ a softmac that's been partially reverse-engeneered (i really need
your help on this !), and can work as-is with pci devices (we know this
now).

This does not come as a big surprise, but we can now try and put all of
this together rather confidently.

I know i'm often not very clear, but i can spare some time to explain
and/or fill in the svn repo in order to get help (by the way, someone
knows of a way to interface svn and tla ? -- my fear is to loose tla if
i start to use svn...)

--
Jean-Baptiste Note
+33 (0)6 83 03 42 38