[Prism54-devel] Problems with a PCI SMC2802W

Joerg Dorchain joerg at dorchain.net
Wed Mar 9 16:07:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 10:09:01AM -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> when I discoverd that the prism54 driver automatically got loaded.
> Unfortunately, upon trying to ifconfig the interface, I get:
>
> SIOCSIFFLAGS: Timer expired
>
> Dmesg shows:
>
> eth1: resetting device...
> eth1: uploading firmware...
> eth1: firmware version: 1.0.4.3
> eth1: firmware upload complete
> eth1: no 'reset complete' IRQ seen - retrying
> eth1: no 'reset complete' IRQ seen - retrying
> eth1: interface reset failure
> prism54: Your card/socket may be faulty, or IRQ line too busy :(
>

> I've googled for more information on this and come across some hits for
> other 802.11g PCI cards which show the same problem... Even though
> they're not rev1 cards, they show up as that in lspci.
>
> Anyone know if that's the case with this card? If so, would it be
> possible to have the prism54 driver detect these cards and not load if
> the card isn't support?

I have such a card as well. Earlier versions of the driver worked well.
Unfortunately it stopped working (with the above symptoms) some patches
before the WDS inclusion.  Unfortunately, the repository was changed
from cvs to svn, so I can't tell the revision number when it happend
(I'd guess maybe around 500)

Funny enough, my smc2835 card had the same symptoms, but works again
since revision 522.

Bye,

Joerg