[Prism54-devel] XH8196 pci try

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 8 23:19:23 UTC 2005

Dear Sebastien, list,

Apart from the usual usb driver updates (not much, only more solid),
i've started to look at the XH8196 once again, for PCI this time.  I can
now boot it somewhat, enough to start investigating the protocol !

Attached is a file of the bootup of the device with my current driver
version (not commited yet to arch), on my fullmac SMC card.

Luis, did you go farther than this ? From what i can see, i'll be able
to go up to the mgmt readback for softmac devices, and see how far this
is from USB.

In order to go on with this development, i'd need a list of the
functions called back from the closed-source lib. I think you had to
compile such a list, Sebastien, could you send it back to me ?

JB