[Prism54-devel] TiVO-emulation, 3887-SoftMac--research

Sebastien B sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Fri Mar 4 12:17:58 UTC 2005

Hello,

> I understand that TiVo-7.1-soft is available and interesting for sniffing
> but sadly running under mips.
> It may be possible to emulate on x86 a mips-cpu with "mips64emul"

Unlike VMWare, this emulator doesn't support connecting real USB devices to
the virtual machine. Neither does PearPC. That's the real problem...
How can we know whether the driver supports HostAP mode ?

By the way, I'll try the new version of the driver tonight, I think it will
work since NET2280-based devices are nearly all the same. I'll try to make
changes to the FreeBSD driver as soon as possible, for now I'm in big trouble
with the mbufs required to interface the 802.11 stack which are really a pain
(and any mistake with mbufs causes a kernel panic) :(