[Prism54-devel] Softmac driver updates

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 3 23:43:15 UTC 2005

Dear list,

Latest version of the usb driver is able to authenticate and send data
to an access point (no wep, no nothing, and i have tested against only
one AP).

What works well : sending probe requests, mgmt frames for authing (you
can monitor the probe requests, for instance).

This is rough, though, because the madwifi layer is causing problems
identified but unresolved (see comments at start of p54u_transmit and
end of p54u_newstate), on data transmit (easy) and device shutdown (i
don't understant the problem).
Also, I don't use the canonical way of sending probe requests for the
device, but this is good, i was able to innovate WRT the usb logs...

So if you want to test, you'll have to :

compile with madwifi,
load modules,
ifconfig ethX up,
* verify with iwconfig you're okay, essid setting untested but should work.
* set IP with
ifconfig eth3 your_ip
try and ping

And you won't ping for long, because we sleep in interrupt context in
p54u_transmit, and that's not good.

My aim is to send the next mail over the wireless link...

After this, we'll have to do boring work related to the decoding of some
fields in the tx/rx packets. This will require some rational log
gathering & analysis... stay tuned :)

JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Note