[Prism54-devel] Re: prism54 development process

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jun 17 16:45:37 UTC 2005

Hey Luis,

I'll be busy and out of town for the next days, just wanted to let you
know that i'm happy that you're well and back !

WDS should be okay with some patches I wrote. Additionally, i cleaned up
the bunch, and the impact of WDS (with ifdefs and all) is now
minimal. You can find in

http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54/

big patches and the broken-out patches (quilt-style, which i found
really nice to use), suitable for SVN / kernel integration. I'd like to
fixup the problems with ARP that were reported before moving on to send
the whole bunch (broken out !) to SVN. The first couple should do no
harm though, and should not need rework.

Can you tell me if they're okay ? -- which coding guidelines should i
read to make them compliant ?

Maybe i'll take advantage of your return to learn & use my SVN account
under your guidance too !

Thanks so much !

JB

> In the meantime we've obviously have had several other fixes which
> should go into the kernel too. So now.. we either keep two branches or
> just complete WDS/WPA and send those updates upstream.

Well,

> Mind you netdev likes to get small separate patches and a small
> description of each patch. This will be a pain but I've dealt with it
> before when doing the last major upgrade to the stock kernel driver.

Do you know how where to put the small description of the patches so
that quilt sends it too ?

> Feel free to add suggestions or framework to make all this easier. For
> now I just want to get WDS/WPA completed.

I think that we'd be more at ease if the kernel and SVN driver were
closer. Maybe we should start by stabilizing the SVN, getting the kernel
up to sync, then make things so that the two do not branch so many far
away one from another ? -- I'm lazy and don't like the prospect of
redoing many patches ;) -- and i guess we do not have enough developers
to allow this :(

JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Note