[Prism54-devel] Prism54 patches for WDS support

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 6 21:57:34 UTC 2005

Dear Sergio, Joerg, list

Here's the latest patch against latest (or not, depending on whether
there has been updates to it...) svn :

http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54/patch-combined-2005-06-06.patch
The list of patches applied is here :
http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54/patch-applied-2005-06-06.list
the broken-out patches there :
http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54/patches/

This patch fixes hopefully properly wds support. Many much needed fixes
in isl_wds.c, a fix in the device protocol logic in isl_ioctl.c.

This is not as good as it should. In particular, Sergio, there may still
be performance issues. I'm starting to understand that performance is
not only a matter of clear code :)

Additionally, resetting the interface without reloading the firmware is
problematic here (doesn't work at all). Anyone knows if this worked at
some point in time ? Could someone try the "reset" iwpriv command on
some stable version of the driver and report if it works ? -- then i'll
fix it up and use it, as this kind of reset is much more lightweight.

For now, iwpriv setwds 0/1 will loose quite a few packets if used in the
middle of an transfer.

I have not tested iwpriv addwds / delwds, but have heavily changed the
code (which was often incorrect). Please report any problems !

JB

PS: I have not yet delved into the firmware problems raised by Bob
Beers, but will do soon.

--
Jean-Baptiste Note
+33 (0)6 83 03 42 38