[Prism54-devel] LMAC terminal

Seb sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Sat Jun 4 16:24:53 UTC 2005

Hello,
I've just successfully hooked in the terminal of my ISL3886-based Siemens
Gigaset :)
The protocol is the same as for pure PCI devices, I mainly adapted the XH8196
driver code to take the NET2280 into account.
A session looks like :

# smctl -i p54u0 -t
Interface:              p54u0
[ TERMINAL. Use CTRL-] to exit ]

LMAC > a
antenna now 1
LMAC > p
psm flags now a8
LMAC > q
detector level OK
regs: 0001 0002 0002 00fd
LMAC > a
antenna now 1
LMAC > p
psm flags now 1a8
LMAC >

Everything starting from the first "LMAC > " prompt is actually sent by the
device, which deals directly with the ANSI terminal, handling echo, highlight
characters for the prompt, backspace and so.
For now, I haven't found out other commands than 'a', 'p' and 'q'. That's for
sure there are more, there are still lots of strings in the firmware which
are never printed. Do you have some ideas ...?
LMAC terminal support will be included in the next release of my driver, as
soon as I've fixed several KPs and other bugs.
Regards,
Sebastien