[Prism54-devel] Re: Active testing rules

Feyd feyd at seznam.cz
Wed Jan 26 17:20:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:49:56 +0100
Jean-Baptiste Note <jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> > 15-17: ??
>
> This is found in many packets : a reference for the transaction on 32
> bits, that will be used later. The windows driver uses pointer to the
> urb data.

Here it is only three bytes.

> > 26-2c(37?): wep key
>
> Thanks ! I didn't have this wep key field ! Do you know how long they
> can get ?  It seems WEP key can be 40,64,128 bits. the key size has to
> be specified somewhere...

The 01 is the "key present" I guess, the 05 the key length. Prism chips
seem to support arbitrarily long keys (its very nice as all wep cracking
tools I seen suppose 40 or 104 (ie so called 64 and 128) bits keys :).

> Please note that in the beacon  case, the frame starts at 4a, whereas in
> the data case, the frame starts at 4c (noted on my site, generally, 4a
> is for data, 4c is for management).

Actualy I see all the frames begin at 4c..

I will return to the rest of your mail later, I'm in a hurry ATM.

Feyd