[Prism54-devel] XH8196 driver analysis

Sebastien B sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Tue Jan 25 17:40:32 UTC 2005

> Could you try to make prism_softmac_parse_bra() return OK ?
Ok, it works now, with offset 20. But I must use the firmware image provided
in the XH8196 archive, I've tried with first-generation firmwares and the
WG111 2.5.8.0 firmware ; the "bra" parsing fails.
Now the prism_softmac_create() function requests reasonable amounts of
memory ;)
The source code is attached.
I'm thinking about writing a program with a command-line interface (quite easy
to implement with libreadline) which will have commands to request the UMAC
library to perform a specific task (we will have quite a good control over
this, using the API...) and then dump what it would have sent to the device
(and why not send it actually, it's quite easy with libusb, and we will get
real replies. But the main problem is to work an USB device with a
second-generation firmware...)