[Prism54-devel] FreeBSD advances

Feyd feyd at seznam.cz
Mon Jan 24 12:10:12 UTC 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:32:58 +0100
Jean-Baptiste Note <jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I don't have an explanation, rather excuses. The following packet is
> assuredly a "receive filter packet" (jugding from atheros, you could set
> up things as filter on the addresses in the headers, type of frame, etc...)

The device also uses frame templates for transmit (few frames from an older
log that seem to be such are attached (I don't have the time to match them
with the ethereal log to filter out possible false ones ATM)).

To find out how to control the device, active experiments are necessary.
As doing that in kernel is big PITA, and the userspace libusb is not much
better, I have been thinking about a cleaner usb interface, but now when
Sebastien started the FreeBSD port, the libusb based framework would be
better, as it is available on both systems.

Feyd