[Prism54-devel] FreeBSD advances

Sebastien B sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Sun Jan 23 12:11:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

> 1/ I don't even know what data i'm receiving. There's a filter set up,
> but i don't understand it. (We're not in monitor mode). So we'll have to
> understand how the receive filter works. (the name there are now are
> completely bogus. I assumed they were ok, but there's no
> guarantee. Nobody double-checked the protocol reverse-engeneering that i
> did).

I am willing to do so, but I don't understand how you imagined the "monitor
packet" that's in the source... could you explain on this ?
I'll use Netstumbler (according to http://www.stumbler.net/compat/, "on
Windows XP, most 802.11b, 802.11a, and 802.11g adapters should work") and
usbsnoop this week and try to capture the monitor filter packet, if my driver
supports monitor mode.