[Prism54-devel] Re: First steps in commenting NET2280_EEPROM

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 18 10:56:44 UTC 2005

Hi Feyd,

I'm taking the liberty to CC prism54-devel.

> I have allready tried that only to find that the most interesting parts,
> the actual talking to the hw, are missing (or obfuscated), both USB and
> PCI. If you found out how to demangle the symbols in the binary only
> parts, that would be very good news :)

>From what i understand as far as usb is concerned, the hal never talks
directly to the hardware, but goes through the following functions :

return prism_interconnect_message_handle(context,msg);
to send message to the HAL.

return prism_interconnect_message_query(context, mask, ic_msg);
to get message from HAL.

I guess this may not be true, or more opaque, for pci due to memory mapping.

The actual message function used in the usb part are
ic_message_handle and ic_message_query, I have written what i think is
correct glue code in the development tree
http://gxaafoot.homelinux.org/cgi-bin/archzoom.cgi/jean-baptiste.note@m4x.org--libre/XH8196--devo--0--patch-3/module/usb_softmac.c

If this is indeed the case, we'll have very accurate access to the i/o
of the HAL.

But maybe this was not what you meant :)

JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Note
+33 (0)6 83 03 42 38