[Prism54-devel] Re: Prism54 development update

Johannes Steingraeber Jo_Stein at web.de
Sat Jan 8 12:01:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:35:31PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Note wrote:
> [...] From what we understand of the windows usb drivers, in the
> softmac version, the net2280 is not orthogonal to the prism chipset
> operation

I would like to learn what is the rationale for this?

> : softmac firmware uploaded to the device is not the same as
> in the pci cards.

Of course it's different, the hardware is different, too. Obviously
the softmac left most of (or all?) the 802.11 related work to be done
by the PC. But from my point of view this does not mean that the
net2280 chip is used for anything else than bridging between USB and
PCI.

Regards
	Johannes
--
Not using mail encoding is like always writing on postcards.
Key ID = 1024D/8014B0E9