[Prism54-devel] Re: [Prism54-users] Open hardware wireless cards

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 5 22:47:10 UTC 2005

Hello,

"Andriy Korud" <a.korud at vector.com.pl> said :
>> AFAICT the FullMAC chipsets have reached the END OF LIFE period.
>
> Sorry, as I know (no more details - NDA, sorry) some manufacturers are developing (and planning to continue) FullMAC 802.11g (and further) chipsets and also they are offering Linux drivers (however had no chance to test yet).

I think he meant "prism54 802.11g fullmac chipsets (all the prism54
project is about) are EOL'd". Not "all fullmac chipsets from all
manufacturers for all norms to come".

In the way of "some manufacturer", are you thinking of ralink ?
They've set up a website with their linux driver, and i think they're
fullmac chipsets.

--
Jean-Baptiste Note
+33 (0)6 83 03 42 38