[Prism54-devel] Prism54 development update

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 5 21:35:31 UTC 2005

Rogelio Serrano <rogelio.serrano at gmail.com> said :
> [snipped...]
>> Item 6 - add USB support
>> ------------------------
>> There's been a lot of work here lately. This is great! We will only be
>> able to support Prism Frisbee chipsets though. This is a difficult task
>> as we have no docs and AFAICT there is not even a windows driver out
>> there that uses the old firmware so we'd be the first. Jean and Feyd
>> have been following up on this.

Small precision : we have discussed somewhat here (and mainly offline,
sorry), that it's no use uploading the big old fullmac driver to the
device. From what we understand of the windows usb drivers, in the
softmac version, the net2280 is not orthogonal to the prism chipset
operation : softmac firmware uploaded to the device is not the same as
in the pci cards. So what we're doing now is reverse engeneering the usb
softmac protocol.

For the same reason, our work should not be directly applicable to the
softmac pci devices (there are some protocol details that are bound to
be different there). We're working with Sebastien on this : if the ndis
synchronization functions are not called, then poll all the DMA
allocated pages on interrupt (which usually indicates the end of a DMA
transfert). That's the basic idea, we can brainstorm on it together :)

> The dlink dwl-g120 is not going to be supported then.

You can try the version (soon uploaded to prism54.org svn, you'll tell me
how i can manage this, Luis) on my arch repo. It doesn't support the
most recent usb devices versions (such as newer wg111), but they're
close enough, this will not take long. For now, just see it this one
works with your device (i advise you to use debug=1 on module insmod).

--
Jean-Baptiste Note
+33 (0)6 83 03 42 38
jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr