[Prism54-devel] usb devel info

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed Jan 5 18:55:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 05:27:24PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Note wrote:

Re: advances from USB dev

Please send me your htaccess passwd so I can give you write access to
prism54-usb svn repos.

Great!

> PS: Luis, i don't know if / how much you pay for bandwidth, but i have a
> DSL line with 1,2Mb of upload of which i don't do anything ( i stopped
> using mldonkey for ethical reasons :), i'd be happy to give you root
> access to the box if you want to offload something from prism54.org

Excellent! I currently pay $100.00/mo for the server. I use it for my
personal pages as well. It handles fine, but I'm thinking of just
leasing a big pipe to my house so I can have complete control over my
boxes (anyone have any suggestions? price range ~$200/mo). Alternatively
I was thinking we can just look for a dedicated server provider which
can sponsor the project by giving us a dedicated box for the project.
I've tried talking talking to my provider (Rackspace) but the person I'm
supposed to talk to has never returned my calls.

We can also just move to sf.net but I think currently having our own box
gives us much more flexibility to do whatever we want. It is important I
decentralize my management of the server though -- the fact that it was down until
only I got around to it is unacceptable and our user-base deserves
better :)

For now my box handles fine. What happened during the downtime
was an exploit hit it (most likely phpbb related) which affected my
subnet and my provider's policy to pull the plug. All help is welcomed
and for now the only thing I can think of that the box is lacking is
more sources for backups (I currently only backup to one box).

I can also just setup rsync for the site and perhaps we can load balance
between the two? I can also setup an svn repos for the web pages.

What we also need to do is to update the supported_cards pages to
something nicer and with the addition of the FCC IDs. I'll try to do
that later.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E