[Prism54-devel] TiVo 802.11g support

David Murrell david at murrell.co.nz
Wed Feb 23 06:36:14 UTC 2005

Noticed this in the irc channel:

<sandeen_> hi guys - wondered if you know that tivo is shipping a driver
for conexant 54g usb adapters?
<sandeen_> not sure if that's of interest :)

whois sandeen_ gave sandeen at sandeen.net, which (eventually) gave
http://sandeen.net/tivo/index.html

"...I'd like to know what the chipset is, wonder what sort of Linux
driver they're using for this... From looking at strings in the backup I
made at upgrade time, the driver they use is CNXTSPDriver.o, so I
suppose it's a Conexant chipset? Looks like maybe the prism54g.org is
working on this, although I'm guessing the driver TiVO uses is not open
source:

author=Conexant
description=Conexant Spinnaker/Cohiba Device Driver

No license tag... ..."

I believe TiVo releases upgrades in binary form, and source for their
changes to GPL stuff.

Either that, or get a copy of the module, and have a look see.
I dont have a TiVo, but I'm pretty sure someone here probably does.
I'll keep hunting around, might strike it lucky, again.

Cheers,
David