[Prism54-devel] USB & al

Feyd feyd at seznam.cz
Mon Feb 21 15:27:55 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:20:25 +0100
Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka at web.de> wrote:

> Moreover, I think to remember that someone (Feyd?) mentioned to work on
> an userspace ndiswrapper. Has this work been completed? Did you have to

I have been thinking about the prism54 userspace usb driver, so far I only
wrote an asynchronous usb api (the libusb is synchronous (and I didn't  know
that usbfs supports aio) and so it is not very well suited for this task,
but as Sebastien uses FreeBSD it could be better to use it).

The userspace ndiswrapper would be certainly possible for usb cards, not
sure about pci. With libusb and polling it would not be probably very
usable, but the aio could work pretty well.

A wireless tap device and a way to pass the iw requests to the process
would be nice for that.

Feyd