[Prism54-devel] USRobotics USR5422

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 5 18:58:03 UTC 2005

Hello Guglielmo, Sebastien

>> You're device is certainly a second-generation one.
> I don't think so. If the device actually uses the circuitry described at
> http://www.arcadyan.com/PDF/Datasheet 802.11bg USB Adapter WN4501.pdf
> it is a FullMAC (Prism Frisbee) device, which might explain why fwextract
> fails to recognize the firmware (I sucessfully tested it against
> second-generation device drivers).

So this could be the missing FullMAC chip + FullMAC firmware device we
were looking for :)

> Guglielmo, can't you really remove the metallic shields of your device without
> damaging it ? Usually, they aren't soldered. And there will be no doubt about
> the chipset inside then :-)

Ah, one never knows... before prying open your device, please try the
non-destructive tasks :/ Could you also post a link to the windows
driver for your device -- this way we'll be able to find out which kind
of firmware is loaded, even before looking at the usb logs.

Thanks again,
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Note