[Prism54-devel] USRobotics USR5422

Sebastien B sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Sat Feb 5 16:48:28 UTC 2005

Hello,
The eeprom_get_address_width() function probably returned a bogus value, as
the program doesn't display anything about the address witdth (it's the first
thing it does after the USB subsystem is initialized).
It must be because the endpoint adresses are incorrect, if properly interfaced
the NET2280 won't return an unhandled value there.
Apart from examining snooped USB logs, I don't know any other way to find out
the endpoint adresses than trial and error, so can you attempt to dump the
EEPROM by trying each endpoint on your device (see lsusb output) ?
Change the line
#define CFGIO 0x0d
in the source code to the endpoint address you want to test, recompile, and
try until it works. Power-cycle your device between tries as the bogus data
the program will send is more than likely to crash the dongle.
Once we have the EEPROM dump, we should be able to figure out where other
endpoints are.
Yes, please post the .SYS file from the Windows driver.
But don't expect your device to work in a short time, we are already in big
trouble with "normal" devices, and yours looks especially exotic.
Regards,
Sebastien