[Prism54-devel] New advances

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 3 11:09:56 UTC 2005

Hello Philip,

Thanks for the report !

Philip Armstrong <phil at kantaka.co.uk> said :
> Hmm. Doesn't seem to work with my 3com USB device.
>
> If I compile with MADWIFI=0, then I simply get junk data when I query
> it with iwconfig. Things like the channel number being 127 :)

This is expected not to work. The test to see if it works would be,
after compilation (MADWIFI=0) and insmod,

ifconfig ethX up
iwconfig ethX mode monitor

(iwconfig ethX channel Y, at your leisure, choose a busy channel -- it
won't be reported correctly by iwconfig)

Then open ethereal, and ask it to capture packets on your interface.

Hope this clarifies (and works !)

By the way, this monitor mode is of great help for development, because
now, i can see that when trying to send something (with the send frame
template i have) the radio actually emits some data in the air, but
complete and utter garbage (that this monitor mode reports). More to
come ! There's hope :)

JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Note