[Prism54-devel] Failure report with the SCM2835W

Soeren D. Schulze soeren.d.schulze at gmx.de
Wed Aug 10 13:08:03 UTC 2005

Hello everybody,

I am in quite a convenient situation for a report because I have two
laptops; in one, the card works, in the other one, with a similar
configuration, it does not.  Actually, the card itself works on the
latter, but only with ndiswrapper.

On the laptop it work on, it uses IRQ 11:
 11:      39147          XT-PIC  yenta, yenta, uhci_hcd, eth1, eth0 (<--
the card)

On the other one, it uses IRQ 5:
  5:       1523          XT-PIC  yenta, ohci1394, uhci_hcd, ndiswrapper
(<-- resp. eth0)

Now I have tried Linux 2.6.7, 2.6.8 and 2.6.11.

On Linux 2.6.7 and 2.6.8, it floods dmesg with the infamous "timeout
waiting for mgmt response" warning but works.  But as a side effect,
when typing while the card is really active, some letters appear with a
delay or appear more than one -- fairly annoying.

On Linux 2.6.11, it does not work but gives the infamous "IRQ line too
busy" error.

As elaborated, it works with the Windows driver (version 2/3) on this
machine.

I hope this is useful

Sören