[Prism54-devel] GW3887 STALL endpoint problem

Sebastien B sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Sun Apr 17 13:51:16 UTC 2005

> My WG111v2 stalls endpoint 0x81 right after the MGMT readback. The last
> MGMT transfer is OK, the STALL concerns the URB which comes right after.
This seems to be a FreeBSD USB bug.
With Hans Petter Selasky's alternative USB driver, it works. But I still don't
know why the Linux driver crashes...
Monitor mode seems OK (Adhoc beacons are the only kind of 802.11 traffic I can
generate in the area where I live, so this is not a good test...). By the
way, JB, why do you set chan_m1 to P54U_TX_CONTROL_CHANNEL_MAGIC1_SCAN and
chan_m2 to P54U_TX_CONTROL_CHANNEL_MAGIC2_SCAN when entering monitor mode,
instead of leaving them to P54U_TX_CONTROL_CHANNEL_MAGIC1_TX and
P54U_TX_CONTROL_CHANNEL_MAGIC2_TX like previous driver releases did ? Doing
so causes the WG111 to send back oversized bogus data frames (I haven't tried
with the Gigaset nor attempted to dump those frames for now, I'd like to know
why you changed this first...)
Another small thing, the LED control packets' meaning is reversed on GW3887s.
When you want to turn the LEDs off, you need to tell the device to turn them
on, and vice versa.
Regards,
Sebastien