[Prism54-devel] Strange problem with wds in prism54

Sergio Ammirata ammirata at econointl.com
Thu Apr 7 02:34:02 UTC 2005

I am using prism54 cvs 2005-03-10 with kernel 2.6.11.6 .

I enabled wds support in the makefile but left hostapd support out.

The driver works well. I created a bridge device br0 and put the wireless
ethx on it. I have a dhcp server installed and it assigns the addresses
correctly to my wireless clients through the br0 device.

1)	When I set "iwpriv ethx setwds 1", the interface looses the ability
to dispatch dhcp addresses. I can still connect to the wireless box if I
assign a static ip address on the client.

2)	When I add a wds entry with "iwpriv ethx wdsadd xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"
and add that interface to the bridge, ip connectivity no longer works. I can
establish a wireless link, but cannot even ping the wireless interface once
I am connected

3)	When I execute "iwpriv ethx setwds 0" everything goes back to
normal.

Has somebody experienced this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sergio