[Prism54-devel] RFC: wifi_modes.txt v0.1

Denis Vlasenko vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Mon Apr 4 14:52:45 UTC 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 15:42, Jean-Baptiste Note wrote:
> I'm sorry i don't express myself properly at all times, but if you can
> make sense out of this, can you tell me if i have missed something, and
> does it answer your questions ?

Yes it is very useful.

> While I'm at it, i need to decode rate information for prism54 softmac
> chipset protocol. In order to do this, i'd like to be able to set up a
> BSS with only one basic rate in the rateset, so that the windows driver
> will be forced to use one fixed rate, then switch this rate, and see
> what the difference in the USB packets will be. You seem to have a
> device with a driver capable of doing this, can you tell me what it is ?

Any hostap-driven hardware can do this for you.
Hostap has an iwpriv which gives you complete control
over basic and operational rates.

Prism54 Fullmac hardware also can do this, but patch which added
relevant private ioctl wasn't accepted IIRC. If you want, I can
try to find the patch on my home machine.

acx111 also seems to be able to do it, although driver is
not ready yet.
--
vda