[Prism54-devel] Re: SoftMAC news

Sven Köhler skoehler at upb.de
Sat Apr 2 15:01:41 UTC 2005

> It seems PCI protocol and USB protocol are very close, so you card should
> be usefull at some point in time in a not-so-distant future. But we have
> no datasheet, the reverse engeneering is done entirely by hand... This
> means the driver will progress, but slowly...

reverse engeneering? that sounds awful. I hate companies, refusing to
publish specs for driver-programming.

But wait, on www.prism54.org, it says:

Conexant is working on providing our development team with
specifications, a new source base and a firmware license. Native Linux
driver support for Prism Javelin / Xbow chipset based cards may soon be
added because of this.

Has Conexant finally made up its mind? Are there any hints, when
Conexant will finally help the prism54 project? I'm curious to know,
when the "reverse engeneering hell" will end.