[Prism54-devel] WG511: Taiwan VS China issue?

Tim Chick chick at computergeek.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 14:58:55 UTC 2004

On Friday 24 September 2004 15:39, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> > Now someone needs to check this does not break a working card
> > though! Do you have a working card?
>
> Unfortunately not...

Could anyone else try it, please?

> But your patch doesn't always work. After some more googleing I found
> an .arm file for the 'softmac' chipset:
>
> 3886lmac_2.7.0.0.arm
>
> When I try to use this one, the read back test is successfull but the
> card still does not initialize:

That is good! The softmac firmware is not compatible with the Prism54 driver!

You must always use a fullmac firmware with the current driver - this is another check
the driver could do, somehow looking at the contents of the firmware file, or at least
checking it was a minimum plausible size.

Thanks,
Tim

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: